Boston College Research Policies
All faculty conducting sponsored research should download the Principal Investigator's Handbook.
Please Note: The PI Handbook is under construction and may have some information which is out of date. The policies currently in effect are listed below.
Research Policies & Procedures
- Advance Account Form Guidance
- Allowable & Unallowable Costs Policy
- BC Facilities and Administrative (F&A) Cost Rates
- Cash Management Policy
- Closeout Policy
- Cost Sharing Policy, Cost Sharing Business Process
- Conflict of Interest Policy Pertaining to Sponsored Projects
- Cost Transfer Policy
- Effort Reporting Policy
- Ethical Conduct of Research and Research Misconduct
- Human Embryonic Stem Cell Policy
- Indirect Cost Return Policy
- Intellectual Property Policy
- Agreement on Intellectual Property
- Materials Transfer Policy
- Program Income
- Property Management Reference Manual (OSP)
- Proposal Submission Policy
- Reporting Policy
- Travel on Sponsored Programs Policy
- University Research Facilities Policy
- University Research and Projects Policy
For FY16, FY17, and FY18 Boston College will continue to follow the procurement requirements of OMB Circular A-110, and will utilize the grace period allowed by the Office for Management and Budget.
Effective FY2019, starting on June 1, 2018, Boston College will follow the Uniform Guidance Procurement Standards (2 CFR §200.317 through §200.326) for purchases made on sponsored awards.
This page links to PDF files. Use this link to download Adobe Reader if needed.