Vice-President, Human Resources
Maureen O’Keeffe has worked for St. Luke’s since 1997. She began with St. Luke’s as the Director of Strategic Planning. She held this position for 8 years, seeing the organization through significant change and growth. In 2005, she was promoted to her current role. St. Luke’s Health System is currently the largest private employer in the state of Idaho with almost 10,000 employees.
Prior to joining St. Luke’s, Maureen worked for Mercy Medical Center (Director of Performance Improvement), Hewlett Packard (Financial Analyst), and JR Simplot Company (Strategic Planning). In addition, she has taught at the College of Idaho as Adjunct Faculty (Human Resources and Organizational Development).
Maureen is active in her community and national affiliates. They have included:
- ASHHRA Board Member (American Hospital Association HR National Board)
- Alfred P. Sloan Foundation Strategy Council member (affiliated with Boston College)
- Learning Lab Board of Directors (past president—organization tackles Adult Literacy)
- Meridian Medical Arts Charter High School Board of Directors (past president)
- Ada County Healthy Community*Healthy Youth Coalition (past Chair)
- Downtown Business Association Board member
- BSU Master of Health Administration Advisory Board member
- Idaho State Community Count/Kids Count Initiative Advisory Board member
- Boise School Foundation Board member
- Genesis Health Clinic for the Underserved, Advisory Board member
- Mayor Bieter’s Transition Team
Maureen received her B.B.A. in Aviation Management from Boise State University in 1981 and her M.B.A. from Boise State University in 1983.