Connecting Students to Growth and Community
Thrive is a mentor program for sophomore women to build new relationships and engage in authentic conversation. The program consists of weekly small group meetings facilitated by senior women, and one off-campus overnight retreat. Topics for discussion include passions and vocations, community and friendship, spirituality, goal-setting, and many others.
Take this chance to connect with upperclasswomen and mentors, build community, and talk about the shared experience of being women students at BC.
Sophomore women meet weekly for 90 minutes with their small groups of 8 sophomore women and 2 senior co-leads in the spring semester. Sophomore participants will be selected at the end of the fall semester. Weekly meeting times are determined by the group before the start of the spring semester. Other commitments include an all-program off-campus overnight (January 24-25, 2020), one small group outing, and two program-wide events.
You asked for a place to talk; we're here to listen. You asked for a community; we're here to build one. You asked for a place to grow; we're here to help you thrive!
Senior Lead Applications Now Open! Apply by September 25th Here
SCHEDULE FOR THE 2019-2020 YEAR:
Expectations for senior leads:
- Interviewing and selecting sophomore mentees (weekdays in October and November)
- Participating in an overnight mentor retreat (October 18-19)
- Attending weekly lead meetings (October - April) Fall time: Tuesdays 4 pm to 5 pm Spring time: T or Th 4pm to 5pm
- Participating in an all-program overnight retreat with mentees (January 24-25, 2020)
- Co-facilitating a weekly 90 minute meeting with your group of sophomore mentees (January - April)
- Planning two small group activities with your group (between February and April)
- Attending check-ins with graduate assistant supervisor (approx. 3 times in Spring semester)
- Attending two program-wide events throughout the spring semester
Requirements for sophomore women:
- Participating in an all-program overnight retreat with mentors (January 24-25, 2020)
- Prioritizing and attending weekly 90 minute meetings with your group (January - April)
- Attending two small group activities with your group (between February-April)
- Attending two program-wide events throughout the spring semester (January-April)
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com
*For first-year women, please consider applying for Ascend, a program for first-year women supported by the Center for Student Formation.*