Connecting Students to Growth and Community
Thrive is a mentor program for sophomore women to build new relationships and engage in authentic conversation. The program consists of weekly small group meetings facilitated by senior women, and one off-campus overnight retreat. Topics for discussion include passions and vocations, community and friendship, spirituality, goal-setting, and many others.
Take this chance to connect with upperclasswomen and mentors, build community, and talk about the shared experience of being women students at BC. You asked for a place to talk; we're here to listen. You asked for a community; we're here to build one. You asked for a place to grow; we're here to help you thrive.
Sophomore women meet weekly with their small groups in the spring semester -- with selection happening at the end of the fall semester. Weekly 90 min. meetings occur with your small group of 8 sophomore women and 2 senior co-leaders. Weekly meeting times are determined by the group before the start of the spring semester. Other commitments include an all-program off-campus overnight (January 26-27, 2018), two small group activities, and two program-wide events.
SCHEDULE FOR THE 2018-2019 YEAR:
Applications for the 2018-2019 academic year will open August 29, 2018.
Expectations for senior leads:
- Interviewing and selecting sophomore mentees (weekdays in October and November)
- Participating in an overnight mentor retreat (October 13 and 14)
- Attending lead meeting every other Friday from 11am to 12pm (October - April)
- Participating in an all-program overnight retreat with mentees (January 26 and 27)
- Co-facilitating a weekly 90 minute meeting with your group of sophomore mentees (January - April)
- Planning two small group activities with your group (between February and April)
- Attending check-ins with graduate assistant supervisor (approx. once a month)
- Attending two program-wide events throughout the spring semester
Applications for the 2018-2019 academic year will open October 15, 2018.
Requirements for sophomore women:
- Participating in an all-program overnight retreat with mentors (January 26-27, 2018)
- Prioritizing and attending weekly 90 minute meetings with your group (January - April)
- Attending two small group activities with your group (between February-April)
- Attending two program-wide events throughout the spring semester (January-April)
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com
*For first-year women, please consider applying for Ascend, a program for first-year women supported by the Center for Student Formation.*
INFORMATION FOR MENTORS (SENIORS)
Applications for Ascend Mentors (senior women) will open in September 2018.
INFORMATION FOR FIRST-YEAR WOMEN
Applications for First-Year women will open in October 2018.