Love Your Body Week
A week to promote body awareness and healthy body image at BC
Love Your Body Week (LYBW) is a week of programming dedicated to promoting healthy body image on the Boston College campus. The week is hosted every fall semester by the Women's Center and provides a time for students to consider their relationships with their bodies.
Programs aim to educate and provide resources about the following:
• Body image issues specific to certain groups of people due to race, class, or gender
• The media's influence on body image
• How to have a healthy and positive relationship with one's own body
The week culminates in a performative reading of "The Good Body," a groundbreaking play about body image by Eve Ensler (author of "The Vagina Monologues") which promotes the idea that one’s body is never broken and never has to be fixed.
After attending one or more LYBW activities, students will be better able to:
• Recognize what characterizes healthy and unhealthy relationships with one’s body
• Identify strategies and develop a motivation to build a healthier relationship with one’s body and transform their way of thinking
• Evaluate the false and problematic ways that our society and media presents the body and manipulates our understanding of beauty.
Love Your Body Week 2017: November 6 to 10.
2017 Event Flyers:
Embrace Your Body Yoga
Love Your Body Week Archives
Click below to learn about previous Love Your Body events!
This page links to PDF files. Use this link to download Adobe Reader if needed.