WELCOME CLASS OF 2022!
Welcome to life on the Heights and the start of an exciting four years at Boston College!
Welcome Week is Wednesday, August 22– Monday, August 27.
As you arrive we would like to be sure you are comfortable making this major transition, connect you with some of the opportunities, offices and people on campus and introduce you to the exciting, historical city of Boston before you begin classes on Monday, August 27. To that end, we have planned a number of events for your opening weekend beginning with a welcome barbecue on Wednesday, August 23 in the evening. Additional activities will include an academic fair, open houses across campus, an a capella concert and opportunities to explore the city of Boston.
Welcome Week Goals:
- Help students feel welcomed on campus.
- Connect students with some of the resources and opportunities on campus.
- Help first year students to meet/interact with other first-year students, faculty members, their academic advisor and upperclass students.
Welcome Week Learning Outcomes
After participating in Welcome Week, first year students will be able to:
- identify who they can go to for help/support in their residence hall.
- understand the policies and expectations associated with living in a residence hall.
- recognize the variety of academic opportunities available at BC.
- identify where/who they can go for academic support on-campus.
- identify one or more people at BC first year students can go to for support, or help.
- know how to navigate around the BC campus (dining, transportation).
Boston College Welcome Week has gone mobile
Schedule, maps and more on your iPhone/Android, free!
Download of App will be available, June 2018.
on campus we
to take three
online courses including BC Safe, AlcoholEdu and Haven.
Stay tuned for further information in July 2018.
Welcome Week Video
Welcome Week Photo Collection