WELCOME CLASS OF 2023!
Welcome to life on the Heights and the start of an exciting four years at Boston College!
Welcome Week is Thursday, August 22– Monday, August 26.
As you arrive we would like to be sure you are comfortable making this major transition, connect you with some of the opportunities, offices and people on campus and introduce you to the exciting, historical city of Boston before you begin classes on Monday, August 26. To that end, we have planned a number of events for your opening weekend beginning with a welcome barbecue on Thursday, August 22 in the evening. Additional activities will include an academic fair, open houses across campus, and opportunities to explore the city of Boston.
Welcome Week Goals:
- Help students feel welcomed on campus.
- Connect students with some of the resources and opportunities on campus.
- Help first year students to meet/interact with other first-year students, faculty members, their academic advisor and upperclass students.
Welcome Week Learning Outcomes
After participating in Welcome Week, first year students will be able to:
- identify who they can go to for help/support in their residence hall.
- understand the policies and expectations associated with living in a residence hall.
- recognize the variety of academic opportunities available at BC.
- identify where/who they can go for academic support on-campus.
- identify one or more people at BC first year students can go to for support, or help.
- know how to navigate around the BC campus (dining, transportation).
Boston College Welcome Week 2019 has gone mobile!
The app will be coming soon to view schedules, campus resources, reminders, and more for free!
on campus we
to take four
online courses including BC Safe, AlcoholEdu, Sexual
Assault Prevention for Undergraduates, and DiversityEdu.
Stay tuned for further information in July 2019.
Welcome Week Video
Welcome Week Photo Collection