EAGLE PATH: A guided approach to supervision to help undergraduate students reflect upon, recognize, develop, and articulate their career aspirations.
EAGLE PATH PROGRAM GOALS
- Guide student employees through the process of discerning their interests, skills, and values and how those relate to potential careers.
- Identify opportunities to help students reflect, recognize, develop, and articulate the competencies they are gaining.
- Help students identify which competencies they are developing and create a plan to further develop the competencies that are highly valued by employers.
SPRING SEMESTER STUDENT ENGAGEMENT SCHEDULE
- Set-up your first spring meeting
Whether you have students newly hired for the Spring Semeseter or returning back, the plan should be consistent with the fall semester.
- Schedule a performance evaluation
Evaluate your students performance at the end of the year using the same rubric. Follow the review with a discussion about potential career plans for the future, whether in the department or elsewhere.
- Host an appreciation event
While optional, it is recommended to have an end of year employee appreciation event.
UPCOMING SUPERVISOR TRAININGS:
Sign up for any of the below sessions by filling out this form.
Guiding Student Employees with Questions about their Job or Internship Search
Thursday, February 7 | 9:30-10:30 am | Maloney 450 | Faciliated by Joseph DuPont, Career Center
Hear from colleagues how to guide students in thinking about how their skills gained through student employment and at BC can be transferred to a career. In addition, gain some tips on how to help students describe their student employment on a resume or in an interview. There will also be time for discussion and practice.
Open Forum for Supervisors:
Thursday, March 21 | 9:30-10:30 am | Maloney 450
EAGLE PATH RESOURCES
The Division of Student Affairs recognizes eight essential professional competencies expected of new college graduates. As we work with students who are discerning their paths, we are committed to helping them reflect upon, recognize, develop, and articulate how these competencies connect to their individual career interests and goals.
Below are resources to help guide this process.
* In an effort to improve and expand upon this evolving program, please feel free to provide any feedback via our suggestion box.
*Please note: Some of the files on this page are Adobe Acrobat® (PDF) formatted files. To view them, you will need to download the free Adobe Acrobat file reader.