university health services
Your immunization information is a critical component of your medical record. Massachusetts State Law requires all registered full-time students, part-time and full-time health science students and part-time visa carrying students to show proof of the required immunizations below. You have 30 days from the start of classes to provide Health Services with documentation of these vaccines. Failure to do so will result in a $80 administrative fee and you will not be able to register for next semester classes until proof of documentation has been submitted. The required immunizations include:
- Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis (Tdap) vaccine one time booster after 6/2005 required for all incoming students. If Tdap date is > 10 years from date of enrollment, a recent Td vaccine date must also be included.
- 2 doses of MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) vaccine (these doses must be given at least four weeks apart beginning at or after 12 months of age). Laboratory proof of immunity is acceptable.
- Hepatitis B Vaccine Series (a total of 3 vaccines at varying intervals). Laboratory proof of immunity is acceptable.
- 2 doses of Varicella vaccine (a minimum of 4 weeks between doses) OR a reliable history of varicella disease documented by a health care provider. Laboratory proof of immunity is acceptable.
- 1 dose of Meningococcal Conjugate Quadrivalent (A,C,Y,W-135) (Menactra, Menveo or Nimenrix only) for all full time students 21 years of age and younger. The vaccine must be on or after the 16th birthday or a Signed Waiver is acceptable
- Completion of the Tuberculosis Screening/Testing Form and additional testing if necessary. Connell Graduate School of Nursing also requires annual PPD testing
Corresponding forms and instructions may be downloaded from the Pre-entrance Health History and Immunization website