how to reserce space on campus
To access the Space Reservation System you will need to sign-in to Agora > Common Services > Event Space Reservation System. First-time users, please see instructions below before accessing the system.
How to Reserve Space
Step 1: Create a User Profile
If you have not made a room request in the past, you must first create a user profile. To create a user profile, login to the Agora Portal. After logging in to the portal, select My Service > Common Services > Event Space Reservation System. The form takes approximately 30-45 seconds to complete and only needs to be completed once. If you plan to reserve space for only one student organization, you will want to enter the chart string (the student organization account number) at this point so that it will automatically appear on all future space requests. Student organizations should obtain their chart string from the student organization treasurer or president. Treasurers or presidents who do not know the student organization chart string should contact the Student Affairs Business Service Center, Maloney Hall, Room 458, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 2: Search for Venue Availability
After creating your user profile, you will be taken to the Venue Availability search screen. The search screens will find all available rooms for the date/time you request based on the expected attendance and type of event. Because the system searches and offers only available rooms, please do not provide a second or third choice with each request. The space you select is available and should be approved provided that your event meets the criteria for the space that you have requested.
Step 3: Complete Your Event Request
After selecting your space, you will be asked to provide a title and a brief description of your event. You must then complete a final page which asks for the chart string (the student organization account number), type of event, attendees, and anticipated services. These fields are required and must be completed at the time the space request is made. Any requests submitted without a chart string or the other information fields will be automatically denied.
A chart string is comprised of the following fields:
- Dept ID (6 digits)
- Fund Code (3 digits)
- Fund Source (5 digits)
- Program (5 digits)
- Function (3 digits)
- Property (5 digits)
- Account: Always 67500 (Meetings & Meals). This account code should be used only for the room reservation system.
Student organizations should obtain their chart string from the student organization treasurer or president. Treasurers or presidents who do not know the student organization chart string should contact the Student Affairs Business Service Center, Maloney Hall, Room 458, email@example.com.
Step 4: Approval Process
You will receive two emails from the room reservation system. The first email is an automated confirmation that your request has been received, and your request will next be reviewed by the space owner.
Student organizations will then have their requests reviewed by the Office of Student Involvement (OSI). The second email will be from OSI within 2-3 business days of submitting your request and will be one of the following:
- Booking Request No OSI Meeting: Your space has been held. You must now request event approval via MyBC. You do not need to meet with a member of the student organization team in the Office of Student Involvement. You may need support from the Bureau of Conferences, Media Technology Service, Robsham Theater Arts Center, or the Boston College Police Department. It is recommended that you print this email if additional services are need.
- Booking Request Needs OSI Approval: Your space has been held. You must now request event approval via MyBC. You must also meet with a member of the student organization team in the Office of Student Involvement. Please contact the Office of Student Invovlement to schedule an appointment. Do not make any arrangements for your event or publicize it until you have met with a member of the student organization team in the Office of Student Involvement.
- Student Booking Request Incomplete: Your space was denied because insufficient information was provided in the original request. You must resubmit your request.
- Booking Request Denied: The space was denied.
If you have questions, please contact Cathy Jamieson in the Office of Student Involvement at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 5: Cancel a Space
If you no longer need a reserved space, please email Cathy Jamieson at email@example.com with the room booking event ID number (6 digits), date, time, and room and ask her to cancel the space.
- Programming space is very limited. Your organization should book space as early as possible (a minimum of one month in advance) to help ensure that you will get space, and to allow for adequate planning and publicity of your program.
- Submitted requests will be returned via email to the person who submitted the request.
- In order to avoid double bookings and conflicting requests, one member of the organization should be designated to submit room requisitions and make the necessary arrangements.
- Your organization should cancel the room request via email (to a member of the student organization team) in Carney Hall, Suite 147 if you will not need the space.
- Organizations should not publicize events until the event has been approved.