Skip to main content

Secondary navigation:

Incoming and Current Students' FAQs

office of student services

Below are the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions. If you do not find the answer you are looking for, please email us at

How do I apply for student employment?
If you plan to work on campus, you must complete an Employment Eligibility Verification Form (I-9) in the Office of Student Services at the time of your hire and provide original documents (copies will not be accepted) that prove your identity and employment eligibility, e.g., passport or driver's license and Social Security Card. These documents will be reviewed in the Office of Student Services and then returned to you. Bring your original documentation to registration on the final day of Orientation, and the Student Services staff will process your I-9. For more information, visit the Student Employment website at

How do I check the status of my financial aid application?
You may check your application status at

What payment options are available to me and my family?
There are a variety of options designed to help families finance the cost of higher education. These include payment plans, alternative loan programs for parents and students, including home equity and other loans. Visit our website at for more information.

When will I receive a bill from Boston College, and when is it due?

All tuition and fees bills are sent out electronically. No paper bills will be mailed to your home address. Students are responsible for retrieving these statements and ensuring payment is made by the due date. Generally fall semester statements are generated in mid-June and due August 10. Spring semester statements are generated in mid-November and are due December 10.  Should either of these dates occur on a weekend or holiday, then bills will be due the previous business day.

How can my parents make payments on my bill?

Any third-party payers, including a parent, guardian, or sponsor, must be authorized by you or they will not be able to pay your bills. To authorize third-party payers, log into Select the "My Services" tab and then select "My Bill" under "Account and Personal Information." From the menu bar, select "Authorize Payers."

You will then provide their email addresses and assign them temporary login names and passwords. Be sure to let your authorized payers know their temporary login names and passwords since they must use them to access the billing system. They will be required to change these temporary passwords the first time they log on to the billing system. Once authorized, all third-party payers will be notified by email of a pending bill. They may view statements and make online payments through a link to QuikPAY® in the email notification.

Do I need BC's medical insurance if I am already covered under my parent's plan?

In order to comply with the law of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and Boston College policy, students registered in a degree program are automatically enrolled in and charged for BC's Injury and Sickness Insurance Plan. If you are currently enrolled in a health plan that is comparable to the Boston College-sponsored plan, you may waive coverage as follows:

  • If you are over the age of 18, you may waive the medical insurance by logging into To provide proof of comparable coverage, you will need to have information about your current health insurance plan readily available.

Can I get a parking permit to park on campus?

Space is very limited on campus, and parking permits are not readily available to residential students. The rare exceptions made for junior or senior students must be approved by the appropriate academic or administrative department. If you are an undergraduate commuter student, you may purchase a parking permit if, during the academic year, you live off campus at a radius greater than one mile from public transportation lines. If you live in Allston, Brighton, Boston, Chestnut Hill, and Brookline, you do not meet this requirement and do not qualify for a commuter parking permit.