Graduate Student Full-Time Enrollment Status
office of student services
Graduate full-time enrollment is as follows:
- Carroll School of Management—9 or more credits
- Connell School of Nursing—9 or more credits
- Graduate School of the Morrissey College of Arts and Sciences—9 or more credits
- School of Social Work—9 or more credits
- Law School—12 or more credits
- Lynch School of Education—9 or more credits
- School of Theology and Ministry—9 or more credits
- Woods College of Advancing Studies—9 or more credits
All students are considered half-time with six credits.
Students completing degree requirements in their final semester may be given exceptions to the school’s minimum credit standard for full-time status by their academic dean.
The credit amount listed above is used to determine a student’s enrollment status for loan deferments, immunizations, medical insurance requirements, and verifications requested by other organizations.
Graduate schools may also define full-time status by a student’s course work or role responsibilities as listed below:
- Students in the Law School may, in extraordinary circumstances and with the permission of the Dean for Students, enroll in fewer than 12 credits in a semester and be considered full-time.
- All doctoral students in the Graduate School of the Morrissey College of Arts and Sciences are full-time. Master's students are full-time if they are Graduate Assistants for academic departments, Teaching Fellows, Teaching Assistants, or Research Assistants.
- All doctoral candidates in the Carroll School of Management are full-time. Master's candidates may be given exceptions to the school minimum credit standard for full-time status by their academic dean in exceptional situations.
- Graduate students in the Lynch School of Education are full-time if they are enrolled in: APSY7660, APSY7661, APSY7940, APSY7941, APSY7950, APSY7951, APSY8100, APSY8101, APSY9846, APSY9849, APSY9901, APSY9911, APSY9941, APSY9988, EDUC7420, EDUC7610, EDUC7901, EDUC8100, EDUC8101, EDUC9951, EDUC9988, ELHE7900, ELHE7952, ELHE8100, ELHE8101, ELHE9901, ELHE9911, ELHE9988, ERME8100, ERME8101, ERME9941. Doctoral students are considered full-time if they are Graduate Assistants for academic departments, Teaching Fellows, or Research Assistants.
- Graduate students in the School of Social Work are full-time if enrolled in SCWK9959 Doctoral Publishable Paper Writing Project, SCWK9966 Publishable Paper Continuation, SCWK9994 Integrative Dissertation Seminar, SCWK9995/SCWK9996 Dissertation Direction, SCWK9911 Doctoral Continuation, SCWK9929/SCWK9939/SCWK9949 Field Continuation.
- Graduate students in the Connell School of Nursing are full-time if enrolled in NURS7437, NURS7537, NURS7453,NURS7553, NURS7457, NURS7557, NURS7463, NURS7563, NURS7473, NURS7573, NURS7591, NURS7593, NURS9902, or NURS9903.
- Graduate students in the School of Theology and Ministry are full time if enrolled in TMST8014, TMST8053, TMST8054, TMST8101, TMST8526, TMST8528, TMST8529, TMST8530, TMST8543, TMST8546, TMST9901, or TMST9911. MTS students can enroll in either TMST8053 (MTS Thesis) or TMST8014 (MTS Reflection Paper) in the last semester and should be considered full-time. Doctoral students are considered full-time if they are Graduate Assistants for academic departments, Teaching Fellows, or Research Assistants.