Skip to main content

Secondary navigation:

Law School Getting Started Guide—Fall 2018

incoming law students

Please note: Some of these files are Adobe Acrobat® (PDF) formatted files. To view them, you will need to download the free Adobe Acrobat file reader.

Welcome to Boston College Law School! As you begin your academic career here at BC Law, please reference the information below to become familiar with some of the services we offer to our students. The staff of Service Associates in Lyons Hall can assist you with questions concerning enrollment, student accounts, and tuition and fees. If you have any questions, feel free to call the Office of Student Services at 617-552-3300 or 800-294-0294, or send an e-mail to For walk-in service and telephone service hours, visit the Office of Student Services website at

Please complete the administrative responsibilities listed below before you come to campus.

My Services

You will need to begin by logging into for these services with your username and password. Once the page is opened, click on the appropriate links to open up and complete the transactions. 

  • Confirm/Review Privacy Preferences
  • Eagle-One (ID) Cards
    To obtain an Eagle-One Card, download the application (PDF) and return it to the Office of Student Services, Lyons Hall, Chestnut Hill, MA 02467. The $45 fee will be applied to your student account. All new students are required to have and will be charged for an ID card. All law students should go to Student Services in Lyons Hall during office business hours to pick up their ID cards.
  • Parking Permits
    Read the Student Parking Permit Instructions on the Transportation website. In August, you may order your parking permit by logging into and selecting "Parking Permits and Citations." Once ordered, you may pick up your parking permit in the Office of Student Services in Lyons Hall during normal office hours.
  • Review and pay student account on My Bill ( (if registered)
  • Sign up for direct deposit of student refunds (on My Bill)
  • Update or verify your local and home addresses, telephone/cell phone numbers, and/or emergency contacts
  • Waive mandatory Medical Insurance (if applicable). International students must submit a paper waiver, which can be downloaded from

Financial Services Information

Other Services and Information

  • Eagle Bucks
    Eagle Bucks can be used for purchases everywhere the Eagle-One Card is accepted, including on-campus restaurants, many vending and snack machines, contracted food delivery services, Boston College bookstores, residence hall laundry facilities, and off-campus vendors like City Convenience. To add money to Eagle Bucks, log in to Your credit card (Visa or MasterCard only) will be charged for the amount you wish to add.
  • E-mail
    The Office of Student Services sends all notifications to your BC email account, which is created automatically for all law students. All incoming students will access their BC e-mail through BC Google Apps for Education at Accounts will be username directly followed by (for example, This will be the primary way the University will contact students. Students may also access their e-mail at If students prefer they may forward this account to another e-mail system. Using Google Apps for Education at BC, which includes BC e-mail, requires a separate password (secondary password). Under “Account and Personal Info,” click “Change Secondary Password” and follow the listed guidelines to create it. The secondary password will only be used for Google Apps for Education. Students will continue to use their original password for other BC applications. Boston College will no longer send e-mail directly to the email account provided on admission applications, so please check the BC e-mail account regularly. If you have any questions, contact the Office of Student Services at 800-294-0294 or 617-552-3300.
  • Off-Campus Housing—Office of Residential Life
  • Loan Certification
    The National Student Clearinghouse will process deferment forms for Fall 2018 in September, in accordance with Federal regulations. If your lender requires paper certification of your loan status, please bring the signed form to the Law School's Financial Aid Office. Your deferment form will be forwarded to the National Student Clearinghouse. If the enrollment certification does not require an official school seal or signature, you may process the certification online at
  • The State of Massachusetts requires all full-time students and part-time international students to submit proof of their immunization records prior to the start of classes. The required forms and detailed instructions can be found on the Health Services website at /content/dam/files/offices/uhs/pdf/gradimmform.pdf.
  • Purchase MBTA passes for the semester.
  • Registration
    Information about orientation and registration will be sent to during the summer. The Law School’s Office of Academic Services will complete your registration for fall semester first-year courses.
  • Notices and Disclosures
  • Notice of Non-Discrimination
  • University Communication Policy

Voter Registration

Visit Student Services’ voter registration webpage at for information about requesting a mail-in voter registration form, voting instructions, and web links to the Massachusetts Division of Elections and to the Massachusetts and National League of Women Voters websites.