Skip to main content

Secondary navigation:

Graduate Student Getting Started Guide—Fall 2018

office of student services

Please note: Some of these files are Adobe Acrobat® (PDF) formatted files. To view them, you will need to download the free Adobe Acrobat file reader.

Welcome to Boston College! As you begin your academic career here at BC, please reference the information below to become familiar with some of the student services we offer. The staff of Service Associates in Lyons Hall can assist you with questions concerning enrollment, financial aid, loans, payment plans, student accounts, and tuition and fees. If you have any questions, feel free to call the Office of Student Services at 617-552-3300 or 800-294-0294, or send an email to For walk-in service and telephone service hours, visit the Office of Student Services website at

Look for Student Services’ e-Newsletter with important dates and deadlines for registration, billing, medical insurance, commencement, etc., which will be e-mailed to you at the beginning of every month.

Please complete the administrative responsibilities listed below before you come to campus.

My Services

You will need to log in to with your username and password. Once authenticated, you will be able to complete the following transactions.

  • Confirm/Review Privacy Preferences
  • Eagle-One (ID) Cards
    To obtain an Eagle-One Card, download the application (PDF) and return it to the Office of Student Services, Lyons Hall, Chestnut Hill, MA 02467. The $45 fee will be applied to your student account. Your Eagle-One Card will be available for pick up in the Office of Student Services approximately 5 business days after submitting your form and photo. All new students are required to have and will be charged for an ID card.
  • Parking Permits
    Read the Student Parking Permit Instructions on the Transportation website. On August 1, you may order your parking permit by logging into and selecting "Parking Permits and Citations." Once ordered, you may pick up your parking permit in the Office of Student Services in Lyons Hall during normal office hours.
  • Review and pay student account on My Bill ( (if registered)
  • Review/add optional Eagle-One accounts
  • Federal Funds Authorization (optional)
    Federal regulations require that Title IV funds credited to your student account be applied only to cover allowable charges, unless Boston College obtains authorization at to apply these funds to all other charges on your student account.
  • Sign up for direct deposit of student refunds (on My Bill)
  • Update or verify your local and home addresses, telephone/cell phone numbers, and/or emergency contacts
  • View or update your race/ethnicity information
  • Waive mandatory Medical Insurance (if applicable)
  • For required pre-entrance health and immunization forms, contact Health Services.
  • For more information regarding the medical insurance plan, visit the Medical Insurance web page.

Financial Services Information

Other Services and Information

  • Eagle or Dining Bucks
    Eagle or Dining Bucks can be used for purchases everywhere the Eagle-One Card is accepted, including on-campus restaurants, many vending and snack machines, contracted food delivery services, Boston College bookstores, residence hall laundry facilities, and off-campus vendors like City Convenience. To add money to Eagle or Dining Bucks, log in account. Your credit card (Visa or MasterCard only) will be charged for the amount you wish to add.
  • E-mail
    The Office of Student Services sends all notifications to your BC e-mail account, which is created automatically for all graduate students. All incoming students will access their BC e-mail through BC Google Apps for Education at Accounts will be username directly followed by (for example, This will be the primary way the University will contact students. Students may also access their e-mail at If students prefer they may forward this account to another e-mail system. Using Google Apps for Education at BC, which includes BC e-mail, requires a separate password (secondary password). Under “Account and Personal Info,” click “Change Secondary Password” and follow the listed guidelines to create it. The secondary password will only be used for Google Apps for Education. Students will continue to use their original password for other BC applications. Boston College will no longer send e-mail directly to the email account provided on admission applications, so please check the BC e-mail account regularly. If you have any questions, contact the Office of Student Services at 800-294-0294 or 617-552-3300.
  • Off-Campus Housing
  • Loan Certification
    The National Student Clearinghouse will process deferment forms for fall 2018 in September, in accordance with Federal regulations. If your lender requires paper certification of your loan status, please mail the signed form to the Office of Student Services, Lyons Hall, Chestnut Hill, MA 02467, or stop by Lyons Hall. Your deferment form will be forwarded to the National Student Clearinghouse. If the enrollment certification does not require an official school seal or signature, you may process the certification online at
  • The State of Massachusetts requires all full-time students and part-time international students to submit proof of their immunization records prior to the start of classes. The required forms and detailed instructions can be found on the Health Services website at /content/dam/files/offices/uhs/pdf/gradimmform.pdf.
  • Purchase MBTA passes for the semester.
  • Registration
    The fall 2018 registration and drop/add period continues through September 5, 2018 at 11:00 p.m. for all graduate students. Graduate students can register and drop/add using U-View through the University's UIS System. Directions for downloading and installing UIS on your computer can be found under the “Register for Courses” link. Students may drop/add any time after they have registered. Drop/adds after September 5, 2018, must be approved by the appropriate department/dean’s office.
  • U.S. Veterans—Are you a veteran? If you would like your veteran status noted on the University Information System, please contact Linda Malenfant at
  • Financial Literacy—Successful Start
  • Notices and Disclosures
  • Notice of Non-Discrimination
  • University Communication Policy

Course Information and Schedule

The Course Information and Schedule link at offers a complete view of BC's course offerings, including course instructors and scheduling information, course descriptions, online syllabi, and textbooks.