First-Year Student Checklist
office of student services
The Office of Student Services would like to extend a warm Boston College welcome to you and your family.
There are a number of things you need to do now that you have matriculated. Begin by logging into www.bc.edu/myservices for these services with your username and password. Once the page is opened, click on the appropriate links to open up and complete the transactions. Remember to keep your username and password confidential. These services are only available to deposited freshmen for the Class of 2022 at Boston College unless otherwise noted.
Please plan to bring a laptop with a full keyboard for searching and typing during advising and registration sessions. Be sure to download BC’s UIS prior to your arrival on campus. Instructions are available at www.bc.edu/uis. If you need technical assistance downloading and installing the UIS client, call the BC Help Center at 617-552-4357.
A limited number of devices will be available for those who need them. Please notify Ryan Mulderrig (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are unable to bring a device.
- Upload your photograph for your Eagle One Card and indicate the number of attendees for Orientation
- Update your addresses, phone numbers, and emergency contacts
- Set your Privacy Preferences
- View or update your race/ethnicity information
- Sign up for payment plan (if applicable)
- Authorize your Third-Party Payer(s) through My Bill (Note: you will need to log in to www.bc.edu/webpayment for this service)
- Waive the mandatory Medical Insurance (if applicable). For required pre-entrance health and immunization forms, contact Health Services.
- Review/Add Optional Eagle-One accounts
- Review the Title IV Federal Financial Aid Funds requirements and submit your Federal Funds Authorization
- Review Boston College laptop options
If you have questions that cannot wait until your Orientation Session, feel free to call the Office of Student Services at 617-552-3300 or 800-294-0294, or send us an e-mail to email@example.com.
We have compiled a list of helpful FAQs. This list will be updated throughout the year.