Family Reflection Groups
“Families” are what we call our small reflection groups facilitated by the student leaders. The family groups are safe spaces that provide support, help to build community, and allow BIGS the opportunity to reflect on their service experience.
- Are a mandatory component of the BC BIGS program and attendance is enforced
- Meet for 1 hour every other week
- Are run in the spirit of the Jesuit Tradition of Boston College. We believe that reflection is an essential component of service and helps to deepen learning.
- Are a great way to get to meet others on campus
- Discuss issues of social justice while providing a space to ask questions about mentorship