Skip to main content

Secondary navigation:

Frequently Asked Questions

student affairs business service center

All Student Organizations should go to the Office of Student Involvement homepage for information and forms pertaining to Student Organizations activities.

What is an Outside Vendor Form?

An Outside Vendor Form is used to pay a non-BC person or company for goods, services, and related expenses (reimbursement for out-of pocket expenses). W-9 completion is no reaquired for a non-BC person expense reimbursement. A BC Vendor ID Number is required to complete the Outside Vendor Form.

How Do I Get the Vendor ID Number?

For a first time vendor, a W-9 Form needs to be electronically submitted to Accounts Payable. A BC vendor ID will be generated in the system within 48 hours. Contact to check if the vendor is in the system.

Why does Boston College need a W-9 Form from vendors?

The W-9 Form protects the University from filing information incorrectly on a Form 1099 (Internal Revenue Services) which will result in fines.

I asked my vendor to complete the W-9 Form, but have not received notification regarding the vendor status

Email to have a representative search PeopleSoft to see if
your vendor has been setup.

The vendor already completed a W-9 Form and has been given a Vendor ID Number, but I do not know the number

Contact the Office of Student Involvement at

If I am only paying someone for expenses, do they still need to complete the W-9 Form?

If all the payments you are making to this individual are strictly expense reimbursements, a W-9 Form is not required.

What is a BC Student Reimbursement Form?

A BC Student Reimbursement Form is used to request a reimbursement to a Boston College student for a Student Organization expenditure. A BC student who has spent his or her own money must request a receipt for the purchased items, and submits the original receipt for the items purchased with the request form to the SABSC.

How Do I Pay a BC student for contract services?

A student contracted to perform a service (example: DJ for a dance, dance instructor, light and sound manager, etc.),should be hired by completing a Student Hire and Payment Form to be hired through Student Services. This form is available on MyBC. Treasurer credential are required. New student contractors must complete the I-9 process in order to be hired for contract services.  For more information contact or stop by Carney Hall, Suite 147.

How long does it take to process a payment?

It takes 7-10 business days for a payment to be processed through the University system. All student reimbursements are paid via direct deposit. To sign up to receive reimbursements via direct deposit click here, print and fill out the form, and fax the completed form to Accounts Payable or attach to the BC Student Reimbursement Form.  If the payee does not sign up for direct deposit, the check will be mailed to the payee’s permanent mailing address listed on the request form.

What if our treasurer quits?

A Treasurer is required for an Student Organization to be active. All new treasurers must contact the OSI for training arrangements. If you have trouble replacing your treasurer, please see your OSI advisor.  Treasurer must submit all financial requests using MyBC.

Whom do I contact if I have a question about my funding allocation?

Visit the Student Organization Funding Committee (SOFC) webpage at or email SOFC at; call SOFC at (617)552-1763.

How do I contact the SABSC? How can I learn more? How can I give feedback and suggestions?

Email the SABSC at,  schedule an appointment with an SABSC representative at 617-552-1586, or stop by the SABSC, Maloney Hall 458, during business hours to speak with a SABSC representative.