office of residential life
Please Note: The housing appeal form for the 2019-2020 academic year (or fall 2019/spring 2020 only) opened on the Agora Portal on Monday, October 15, 2018. Housing appeals submitted after Friday, February 8, 2019 will not be reviewed prior to the March 2019 room selection process.
The university housing appeal process is available to full-time students that do not wish to live off-campus because of profound circumstances and are requesting university housing for an additional semester/year outside of their guaranteed housing eligibility. Students that appeal for university housing should select their reason for not being able to live off-campus (Medical, Financial, Returning from Leave, or Other). Due to a limited number of available beds, we are not able to approve the majority of requests for on campus housing.
Residential Life staff review all appeals on an individual, case-by-case basis and may contact and confer with staff from other departments as needed to verify information and make decisions. All decisions are made on an individual need basis.
Students that are submitting housing appeals under the "Other" category should state why they are unable to live off-campus. Please note that most appeals filed under this category are denied. Examples of housing appeals under the "Other" category that are denied are:
- Requesting to live in university housing to live with friends
- Requesting to live in university housing because of a busy academic and work schedule
- Requesting to live in university housing due to student organization or club involvement
- Requesting to live in university housing because of an internship requirement
- Requesting to live in university housing due to not finding off-campus housing
- Requesting to live in university housing due to dissatisfaction with prior housing
- Requesting to live in university housing for non-specific reasons
Students should contact Off-Campus Student Living for off-campus housing options and information. You can find information on BC approved off-campus properties and roommates at www.bc.edu/offcampus. If you have questions related to off-campus housing, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 617-552-3075.