Statistical Software Tutorials
Online help for R and SAS.
Below are some useful online resources and guides for software supported by Research Services.
R statistical software.
- R can be downloaded at by following this link: www.r-project.org. Note for first time users we recommend downloading the base package.
- R for Beginners
- Using R for Data Analysis and Graphics
Introduction, Code and Commentary.
- simpleR---Using R for Introductory Statistics.
- The R Guide.
- Learning Statistics with R---This book was written by Daniel Navarro. He intended the book as a tutorial for psychology students.
- A listing of videos by topic from Texas A&M.
- Learn R---a set of video tutorials for data science in R. Requires a little searching around for the beginning.
- A comprehensive set of tutorials which explores methodology topics can be found here: rtutorialseries.blogspot.com/2009/10/r-tutorial-series-introduction-to-r_11.html Note: This can be a little confusing at first for those with no R experience.
SAS statistical software.
Note: The online resources for SAS are nothing short of impressive. Below we give guides for getting started in SAS.
- SAS for True Beginners---Part one.
- SAS for True Beginners---Part two.
- SAS for True Beginners---Part three.
- SAS for True Beginners---Part four.
- Our first choice www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/sas/ when seeking SAS help. Lots of topics covered.
- For advanced topics: support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/statug/63962/HTML/default/viewer.htm#titlepage.htm the SAS manual is a very good resource. Be sure to click on the "topics" tab.