INTERNATIONAL STUDENT PROFILE: LAURA HURST
Conducted by: Jenn Close
January 30, 2007
OISS Spring Newsletter Profile
1. What is your full name?
Laura Cushla Hurst Simon
2. Where are you from originally? What university do you attend?
I was born in Madrid. I have lived in Madrid, D.C., Venezuela, Hong Kong, Mexico, Moscow, Scotland, and Boston. I attend the University of Glasgow.
3. What is your major?
Political Science and Russian Studies.
4. Why did you decide to come to BC?
I heard the Political Science program was really good and I wanted to come to United States during the primaries.
5. What is your favorite place in Boston?
Hillside Cafe and Bapst Library.
6. What’s your favorite book?
Franny and Zoey by J.D. Salinger and The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov.
7. What is your favorite song?
Where is my mind? The Pixies.
8. What is your favorite food?
Jamón, Gambas (Shrimp), Avocados and Croquettes and Dark Chocolate.
9. What is your favorite city?
10. What is your favorite thing about BC?
To study in an environment with a different perspective.