Check-In: Incoming Students & Scholars
Welcome to Boston College! With the fall 2020 semester right around the corner, we look forward to you joining our BC international community.
Due to safety concerns and in effort to maintain social distance, we will administer the required immigration check/in process to the OISS remotely. Checking-in is mandatory for new incoming students & scholars in the U.S.
CHECK-IN REQUIREMENTS FOR F1/J1 STUDENTS & SCHOLARS
- Please complete the form below.
- In addition to completing the form, you are required to upload/attach a copy of your visa page and a copy of your I-94 (Get Most recent I-94). Your visa entry stamp should say F-1 or J-1 and D/S which means duration of status.
- Any submitted documents should be saved as using the following format (last name, first name)
- If you are a graduate student with an assistantship, we will contact you about procedures for applying for a social security number and getting hired.
- U.S. Immigration Responsibilities for F1 and J1 students (please download a copy)
- U.S. Immigration Responsibilities for J1 scholars (please download a copy)
New F-1/J-1 Student - CHECK-IN FORM
New J-1 Scholar - CHECK-IN FORM
PLEASE NOTE: The OISS will be open full time starting on August 31. However due to Covid-19, most of our services will be provided remotely and virtually, including immigration advising and programming. Please do not come in person to the office without first contacting us in advance at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-552-8005. Thank you for your understanding.
We hope to be able to meet you in person in the near future!