How Did ‘China’ Get So Big? Redefining the Qing Realm and its Subjects ca. 1750-1900
February 28, 2018
7:00 p.m. • Gasson Hall, Room 100
Keywords: Modern History, China, economy, comparative history, world history
Video & Media:
- Why Study History?
- Chinese Economic History: An Interview with Prof. Kenneth Pomeranz
- Harper Lecture with Kenneth Pomeranz: Unique Patterns of Chinese Economic Development
- Resisting Imperialism, Resisting Decolonization: Making China from the Ruins of the Qing, 1912-1949
Short Pieces/Teachable Texts:
- Contemporary Development and Economic History: How Do We Know What Matters?
- Histories for a Less National Age
- Putting Modernity in its Place(s)