Media Technology Services
Due to the current COVID-19 situation, the Media Technology Services office location in Campion Hall will be closed until further notice.
Please continue to submit support requests through the BCWorks ticketing system, email, or leave a voicemail and our staff will respond as soon as possible.
We thank you for your understanding during this difficult time.
Boston College Media Technology Services provides a wide range of technology support and media production services for the entire university.
The staff of MTS assist members of the Boston College community who use technology in the areas of teaching, learning, research projects, conference planning, and event support.
SERVICE REQUEST LINKS
(BC sign-in required)
If you are from an outside company and need an MTS service for an on-campus event, please email email@example.com with your needs and the name of your BC contact.
2020-2021 GRADUATE ASSISTANT APPLICATIONS NOW AVAILABLE
Please be aware that Media Technology Services has currently suspended all student employee hiring due to the COVID-19 situation. No decisions have been made regarding hiring for the Fall 2020 semester, so please feel free to download, complete, and submit the Graduate Assistant application if you would like to be considered for one of the possible positions in MTS. If positions become available, MTS will contact you regarding your application and an interview.
WIRELESS PRESENTATION TECHNOLOGY IN CLASSROOMS
Boston College now has 40 classrooms equipped with Mersive Solstice Wireless Presentation technology. The Solstice Pod, when installed in a presentation system, enables devices running Apple iOS, macOS, Android, and Microsoft Windows to wirelessly connect and display audio and video. It enables multiple users to connect simultaneously and share content without the need of plugging in or switching cables or inputs.
CLASSROOM TECHNOLOGY TRAINING VIDEOS & PROFILES
NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
SERVICES BY DEPARTMENT
- Provide training, consultation, and support for all classroom and delivered equipment
- Facilitate the use of classroom technology for classes, lectures, and special events
- Deliver and pickup multimedia equipment to locations on main campus
- Assist with installations and maintenance for classroom multimedia equipment including projectors & DVD players
- Audio duplication
- Audio consultation
- Audio restoration
- Audio for video
- Compact Disc (CD) mastering and production
- Offer production services for digital multitrack audio recording, editing, and mixing
- Provide hearing enhancement equipment
- Make microphones and sound reinforcement systems available
- Offer production services for sound design and editing
- Analog to Digital media transfer
- Design support
- Traditional graphics support
- Custom illustrations
- Conference poster design and printing
- Promotional materials for BC events
- Overhead transparency and 35MM slide output
- Publication preparation
- Web page design
- Photoshop consultation, instruction and design
- Studio and location photography
- Photography for web applications
- Flat art, negative and slide scanning and digitizing to support Powerpoint, web, and print applications
- High end digital prints
- Digital retouching, manipulation, and special effects
- Loan cameras
- Classroom Support
- Portable LCD Projector
- Laptop Computers (PC or Mac)
- Audio CD/Cassette Players
- Digital Audio Recorder (MP3, WMA)
- Analog video format transfers to digital formats
- Document Camera
- DVD/VHS Combo Player
- Table Top and Portable PA systems
- Videoconference Support (Zoom, H.323 IP)