Embedding Video from YouTube, Vimeo or Google Drive
embedding video using bc html component
Using YouTube or Vimeo
- Create and upload your video to the YouTub/Vimeo site (requires an account).
- Go to your video in YouTube or Vimeo, then click on the "Share" button.
- Click on the "Embed" button.
- Copy the code shown there.
- Drag a BC HTML component from the Advanced list of component in the Sidekick to a drop area on your page. It is represented by a simple grey square icon with the word "Code" on it.
- Double-click the BC HTML component and in the area under the "Raw HTML" tab, paste in the YouTube embed code you copied.
- Click on the Preview icon at the bottom of the Sidekick and then refresh the page to see your video play on the page. If you do not refresh the page, your video will not preview.
Using BC Google Drive
- Open Google Drive and drag your video into it.
- Click on the Share - adjust settings as necessary (see below)
- Click on "Get Shareable Link" - link will copy link to your clipboard
- Open page where you want to house video link
- Open Text component and create a link using the video link from Google Drive
- Link should be accessible, so use descriptive text - something like "This video is available online.