Data Breach at The Chronicle of Higher Education
BC ITS has recently learned about a data breach at the The Chronicle of Higher Education (chronicle.com) where subscriber login information, including passwords, was compromised.
As this is a popular service used by members of the BC community, if you have an account at The Chronicle of Higher Education, ITS recommends you change that password as soon as possible.
WHAT TO DO
- Login to your Chronicle account and change your password immediately.
- If the password you used on The Chronicle was also used on other sites, change those passwords as well.
- Ensure you are following these password best practices:
- If possible, avoid using your BC username or email address on non-BC systems.
- Consider using a “password manager” to keep track of your passwords, rather than reusing passwords on multiple sites.
- View the "Notice of Data Breach" from The Chronicle
- For more information regarding the breach view this ZDNet Article.
- For more information on password managers, visit BC's Password Tips web page.
Article Updated: 7/29/2020