Windows 10 Vulnerability
Microsoft recently released patches for four new vulnerabilities that allow attackers to spread malware without any user action.
If you use the Windows 10 operating system, it is very important that your operating system is up-to-date.
- Student Windows computers may be vulnerable.
- Department-purchased Windows computers may be vulnerable.
- BCCR computers are likely not at risk since Automatic Updates are enabled by default. (Most faculty and staff computers are BCCR computers.)
- Mac users are likely not at risk, unless Windows 10 is enabled using Boot Camp.
VERIFY YOUR SYSTEM IS PROTECTED
- Run Windows Update: Next to Start button, click the magnifying glass > Search for “Windows Update” > Check for Updates.
- If there are updates available, click Install now. (You may need to scroll down to see the button.)
- Important: If there are any issues/errors/failures displayed, please contact your TC or the Help Center for assistance.
If you have questions, contact the Help Center at 617-552-HELP (4357) or email@example.com.