Week 2: National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
Week Two of National Cybersecurity Awareness Month is about educating for a career in cybersecurity. Cybercrime is predicted to cost the world $6 trillion annually by 2021, up from $3 trillion in 2015. Therefore the world is in need of more cybersecurity professionals to protect our growing online environment. Learn more about the field and how to best inspire your friends, family, and others to seek highly fulfilling cybersecurity careers.
statistics from the bureau of labor statistics:
- The number of cybersecurity positions will grow 28% between 2016 and 2026. The average growth rate for all occupations between 2016 and 2026 is only 7%.
- In 2017, the median salary of an information security analyst was $95,510. This is higher than the median annual wage for computer and information technology occupations, which was $84,580 in 2017.
- View more details from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
cybersecurity event in October:
Join us in hearing from an active cybersecurity professional about Protecting Critical Infrastructure.
Light refreshments will be served.
- When: Tuesday, October 30, 4:00 - 5:00 PM
- Where: Heights Room
- Boston College Woods School Master of Science (M.S.) in Cybersecurity Policy and Governance
- Consider a Career in Cybersecurity Infographic (staysafeonline.org)
- View Cybersecurity Jobs Near You (Cyber Seek cybersecurity heat map)