New Google Calendar Interface Available
by EagleTech Lindsay McKean
Updated on 2/21/2018
On February 28, your BC Google Calendar will update with a new design and features.
- Modern color palette, sleek design, auto-adjusts to screen size.
- The ability to add formatting and links in the event description.
- See contact information of a specific person when you hover over their name in a calendar invite.
- View and restore deleted items in one place, even if they apply to different calendars.
- Quickly add all of the details of an event when you click on a space in the calendar instead of having to click on the “edit this event” button.
- A different “create event” button (look in the lower right for the red circle and + sign).
- The ability to view full contact information of meeting participants by hovering your cursor over their names.
Have people decline or accept an invitation to a calendar event, which will be color coded for either option.
- In Day view, view two or more calendars from different people or places at the same time side by side.
- For example, you could select Tuesday, November 28th, and view Jimmy’s, Cami’s, and Amanda’s work schedules for the day in individual, side by side columns.
- Video conferencing with the new Google Hangouts Meet.*
*NOTE: Google Hangouts Meet conferencing requires Google Chrome and will not be available until 2/28.
Why wait? Start using the new Google Calendar now:
- Select the blue Use New Calendar button in the top right-hand corner of your Google Calendar.
- Select Upgrade Now.