Overview of Departments
information technology services
The Office of the CIO, in collaboration with the entire Boston College community, strives for efficient and effective use of information technology (IT) in support of University goals and objectives. The following departments report to the Office of the CIO:
- Applications Services – Provides applications and decision support services that support and further the mission and vision of Boston College, including the design and administration of the internet presence of Boston College.
- Business, Planning, and Project Services – Provides ITS administrative and financial, human resources, project management, and strategic planning services.
- IT Assurance – Provides University-wide leadership, vision and strategy for information security and to ensure the protection and integrity of the University’s information assets.
- Network Services – Provides the community all telephone services, data network services, internet connectivity, and cable plant infrastructure.
- Student & Academic Applications Services – Provides the underlying structure for critical business processes in academic and student services.
- Support Services – Promotes and fosters effective use of technology by Boston College faculty, staff, and students in learning, teaching, research, and University business.
- Systems, Operations, and Architecture Services – Provides a robust, reliable, cost effective, and sustainable computing environment in support of all academic and administrative needs of Boston College.