Space and Facilities Project Request Submittal/Approval Process
- A department submits a project request using the online Space and Facilities Project Request form. This involves describing the project request, specifying the necessary approvers, and verifying the information before submitting it to the first approver.
- As necessary, department chairs, deans, and directors will electronically approve the request.
- Upon VP/Provost approval, the request is electronically sent to Space Planning and Facilities Management.
- Space Planning and Facilities Management review the request with the department initiating the project along with the Dean, Vice President or Provost as required, to determine space feasibility and program/space scope.
- All project requests are prioritized by the Space and Facilities Project Review Group and submitted to the EVP. Priority considerations for projects will be assigned according to the following guidelines:
- Required by law/insurance
- Required by safety standards
- Directly related to the support of instruction — e.g., required to begin a semester
- Indirectly related to the support of instruction
- Funding availability
- If the request is limited to a simple space assignment with no capital costs and it is approved by the VP/Provost and EVP, Space Planning submits the space assignment to Facilities Management for implementation.
- All projects requiring renovations are reviewed/approved by the executive team before further processing.
- If the project involves capital costs, Space Planning submits program/space scope for condition assessment and/or cost estimate as required to Facilities Management to secure preliminary feasibility, project scope development, and cost estimates.
- For renovations, Facilities Management submits a schematic level cost estimate to the project’s Vice President or Provost to decide:
- If the project should be submitted to EVP for approval; and
- If approved, the priority of the project, i.e., immediate need or placed in the following year's Capital Project Request list for consideration
- If approved by the EVP, Facilities Management will develop project bid documents (if required), appropriation, and project timeline.