Study Abroad @ BC
office of international programs
Welcome to the Office of International Programs! Boston College students enjoy a long tradition of going abroad, whether it is to study, conduct research, intern, or participate in service learning. Why go abroad? In order to gain the most out of the education abroad experince, we encourage students to be intentional in considerng program options.
What will you gain?
- personal and intellectual growth
- a competitive edge for graduate school
- critical skills emplyers are looking for
- greater sense of independence
- intercultural competence
- global perspective
- language proficiency
- problem-solving skills
- increased confidence and initiative
- work toward your BC degree
- fulfill requirements in your major/minor/core
- earn grades toward your GPA (BC programs)
- take courses that complement offerings on campus
"Being and outsider provided me with so much perspective on myself, my ideas, my understanding of what is 'normal,' and how all of these things fit into the broader picture of what it means to be human."
-Patrick, MCAS '19
"A nurse can in no way be competent of the practices of all cultures. Experiencing another culture so intimately is wonderful for a nursing student."
-Austin, CSON '19
"I took a course that explored the international aspect of environmental policy and the issues associated with it. This helped me direct my career and realize that I want to work in policy and the environment."