Skip to main content

Secondary navigation:

international programs

University Core

office of international programs

Students on both BC and non-BC programs may fulfill certain Core requirements abroad. To request substitution credit for abroad courses, contact the relevant Core department coordinator. Pre-approved courses do not require a substitution request. 

To request substitution credit, students must turn in a signed Course Substitution Form to Student Services in Lyons Hall. (Note: Cultural Diversity Core requests do not require any paperwork; instead, fill out the online form here.) Students should make every possible effort to seek Core substitution approval before going abroad. Students may apply for Core substitution credit on a rolling basis up to the following deadlines:

October 1 – for courses taken abroad during the previous Spring, Summer, or Full Year term

March 1 – for courses taken abroad during the previous Fall term