Walk Across Campus Challenge
Healthy You Programs
Boston College’s Walk Across Campus (WAC) is among the most popular of many HEALTHY YOU sponsored activities. Over the last several years, the Walk Across Campus challenge has successfully promoted friendly competition while building solid camaraderie amongst peers throughout BC. The WAC has fostered a “community of walkers” year round, and once the challenge begins the campus fills with scores of walkers getting their steps in whenever they can. Our campus offers many areas to enjoy taking steps. For instance, when leaving from the 129 Lake building, two loops around Chandler Pond equals two miles, as does completing one loop around the reservoir when you leave from the front of the Rec Plex.
Kickoff Walk - April 1, 2019
FALL 2019: October 1 - November 30, 2019
Our two-month HEALTHY YOU team walking competition returns!
Boston College is subsidizing new Inspire HR Fitbit pedometers for all benefits-eligible employees who sign up AND participate on a fall team. Also, those who wish to upgrade to a Fitbit unit other than an Inspire HR can do so online, by paying only the difference in cost while the store front is open in mid-September.
Visit Walk Across Campus for updates and detailed instructions in mid-September.
We invite all prior Team Leaders to return. New participants who are interested in being a Team Leader should contact email@example.com in September, to learn about what is required.
Team Leader Lunch
Tuesday, September 17, 2019, 12 - 1:30 pm | Walsh Hall
Join us for lunch to learn any new details on how to help your team members sign-up, how to get their Fitbit, learn new tips to motivate and inspire so that everyone gets walking on October 1st!
Tuesday, October 1 at 12:05 p.m. | Lawn in Front of Cadigan Alumni Center, Brighton Campus
Join your teammates and other fellow BC employees for a walk to kick off the beginning of this semester's competition! Meet in front of 129 Lake Street at 12:05 pm; we will walk down Lake Street and cross over to loop twice around Chandler Pond, approximately a 2 mile walk. The kickoff walk is optional, but a great way to get into the spirit of the WAC.
We hope to see many of you there!
FALL 2019 Walk Across Campus: October 1 - November 30, 2019
For this WAC Boston College is subsidizing new Inspire HR Fitbit pedometers for all benefits-eligible employees who sign up AND participate on a fall team. Also, those who wish to upgrade to a Fitbit unit other than an Inspire HR can do so online, by paying only the difference in cost while the store front is open in mid-September.
To sign up, follow the steps below:
1. Log on to your Harvard Pilgrim Wellness account from last year, and set up your account for this walk by entering your Sign In Name, Preferred Email and other account details as prompted. After this step is complete each time you log on to your Wellness account you will be directed to the Walk Across Campus Home Page (Limeade Portal.)
- If you did not set up a Wellness account on the portal last semester, you will need to do so. You can access instructions here.
2. Join a Spring WAC team on the Harvard Pilgrim BC Wellness portal, follow the directions for How to Join a Team for this year's Walk.
3. Link your Fitbit (or other device) to your WAC team by following directions here.
- If you need assistance, contact Harvard Pilgrim's Wellness Services Monday - Friday, 9 am-5 pm, at 1-877-594-7183 or email HPWellness@harvardpilgrim.org. You do NOT need to be a Harvard Pilgrim member to set up an account and join a team.
4. If you receive a new Fitbit, upon receipt, follow the set-up directions that come with the unit. You will go to www.Fitbit.com/setup and click on the Download for Windows App. Then go back to step 3. to link your Fitbit to your Walk Across Campus Team.
5. Download the Limeade app via Google Play or the App Store, and use program code C10013 (having the app on your smartphone is optional, though recommended for convenience).
New this semester **Teams must have from 10-20 participants to create a team.
PLEASE NOTE: We are seeking volunteers to be Team Leaders of new and existing teams. The Leaders will assemble a team or lead an existing team; motivate activities during the WAC; and regularly communicate with team members. *Teams MUST have at least 10 participants signed up by 4/1/19 *
Contact Annie directly at Anne_Goroshko@harvardpilgrim.org.
Thanks once again to the sponsors of the Walk Across Campus: BC Athletics, Campus Recreation, Harvard Pilgrim, the University Bookstore, and Human Resources.