Troubleshooting Tips - Understanding Error Messages
bc apps - browser troubleshooting
Following are the error messages and issues we have encountered and their resolution (these apply only when using the Application Server through a browser - not the Citrix Receiver).
- Unable to Launch Application - Certificate Error - Firefox on Windows
- Application Does Not Launch (Open) - Any Browser
- Problem Accessing AppsStorage.bc.edu Directly - Windows Computer Not on Domain
ERROR: Using Firefox, you are unable to open an application and receive a certificate error (Figure 1).
RESOLUTION: Use Internet Explorer 8 or 9 to access: apps.bc.edu. This should resolve the error and allow you to use FireFox in subsequent visits.
PROBLEM: Your web Browser attempts to open file: launch.ica and hangs (Figure 3).
RESOLUTION: The Citrix Client needs to be installed on the computer you are using.
PROBLEM: You are unable to successfully map a drive to AppsStorage on your Windows computer that is not on the BC Domain.
- Faculty and staff Windows BCCR computers ARE members of the BC Domain (you log into "BC").
- Most student computers are NOT members of the BC Domain.
RESOLUTION: When mapping a drive to AppsStorage.bc.edu, be sure to select "Connect using different credentials" and "BC\" should precede your username (example: bc\smithj) when you authenticate. View step-by-step instructions