Download and Install McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.8i
for windows 10 and below
BC faculty, staff, and students can use McAfee virus protection at home. Use the instructions below to download and install it on your computer.
- Close all applications before beginning this process.
- You will need to remove any existing anti-virus software before installing the BC McAfee software. If you need assistance uninstalling your existing anti-virus software, please contact the Help Center at 617-552-HELP (4357) or email@example.com.
- Go to the Software Download site to download McAfee VirusScan Enterprise. When prompted, enter your BC username and password. Save the BC_VSE.exe installation file to your desktop.
- Double-click the BC_VSE.exe installer on your desktop.
Wait for the McAfee VirusScan Enterprise Setup to process. Note: Do not close this window, it will close on its own when the process completes.
- You may receive a warning in the bottom right of your screen that Windows Defender is turned off. This is correct. VirusScan contains the same functionality as Windows Defender. Having both programs running on the same computer may cause problems. Ignore the warning.
- When McAfee VirusScan Enterprise setup has completed successfully, you may receive a message in the lower right of your screen that McAfee is out of date. This is expected.
- After installation, delete the BC_VSE.exe installer icon from your desktop.
- In your system try, click the VirusScan icon . You may need to expand the system tray by clicking the arrow to see the icon. If the icon has a red circle with a line through it, call the BC Help Center at 617-552-HELP (4357).
- Right-click the VirusScan icon and select Update Security.
If you are not able to run the update, call the BC Help Center at 617-552-HELP (4357).
- Right-click Computer and select Scan for Threats. The scan may take as long as an hour to complete.