Connect Game Consoles, Media Players, and Smart TVs
manually connect devices to bc wifi
Game consoles, media players, and Smart TVs need to be manually registered to connect to the "BostonCollege" WiFi network:
- Find your device's Wireless MAC address (also called Hardware Address). A MAC (Media Access Control) address is a 12-digit alphanumeric code unique to each piece of networking hardware. To find the MAC address, see below for instructions for commonly used devices, consult your device's user manual, or Google it.
- Once you have the MAC address, use a computer, tablet, or phone already connected to the BC "eduroam" network: Go to helix.bc.edu & click Devices Registration Page. Login & fill out the registration form.
- Restart your device, and then connect it to the "BostonCollege" WiFi network.
Note: Due to high volume during move in, it can take up to two hours for device registration to complete.
- Please be advised that these devices are designed to work in home network environments, and therefore not all services will fully function on a campus network.
- To ensure the quality of the BC-provided WiFi in common areas, ITS will disable and remove any unauthorized wireless routers or other access points found to be interfering with BC WiFi.
Trying to connect?
- A Roku to access Xfinity on Campus? Learn how to access Xfinity on Campus using a Roku on your TV.
- A computer, smartphone, or tablet? Learn how to connect to the eduroam network.
Press Menu > Settings > Network > Advanced Settings > "Wireless MAC"
System > Network Settings > Wireless Network > Configure Network > Additional Settings > Advanced Settings
Settings > System Settings > System Information
Settings > Network > View Connection Status: "MAC Address (Wi-Fi)"
Home screen > System Settings > Internet
Menu > Settings > General > Network > "WiFi Address" (The MAC address can also be found on a label on the bottom of the original box.)
New Rokus: On the "Choose your network" screen, select "Private network."
Previously Used Rokus: Settings > Network > About
The Wireless MAC address is sometimes listed on the Roku.
Amazon Fire TV Stick
Settings > System > About
Varies by model. Usually under Settings > Network.
The wired network is only available in some of the residence halls. For this reason, ITS recommends you use WiFi for all your devices. However, if you need access to a wired network jack, contact the Help Center at 617-552-HELP (4357) or message us at live tech support chat (M-F 9am-5pm).
Note: To ensure the quality of the BC-provided WiFi in common areas, ITS will disable and remove any unauthorized wireless routers or other access points found to be interfering with BC WiFi.