BC 2-Step Verification
2-Step Verification is ONLY required when accessing the following services:
About BC 2-Step Verification
In response to the increasing number of phishing scams impacting the Boston College community, Information Technology Services has implemented a high-security login process for accessing certain secure services that requires two steps to verify the identify of the person logging in:
- Verify with something you know: Login username and password.
- Verify with something you have: A device such as a mobile phone, tablet, or landline.
This process, called BC 2-Step Verification, uses Duo Security technology to have users confirm their identity using another device such as a mobile phone (via text, automated phone call, or Duo Mobile App), tablet (via Duo Mobile App), or landline phone (via automated phone call). Note: In the future, ITS will be expanding the use of 2-Step Verification to other services to help further protect BC accounts.
- How to use BC 2-Step Verification
- Manage devices used for 2-Step Verification at: bc.edu/manage2step (BC sign-in required)
- Setup the Duo Mobile App on your smartphone or tablet
- Add secondary devices to your 2-Step Verification account