Software and Hardware
- Operating Systems, Office, and Browsers at BC
- Software Help for: Windows | Mac
- Course Registration Software
- Download BC Software
Note: Microsoft Office is available to faculty and staff for home use
- BC Apps - securely access certain licensed software applications that were once only available on BC lab computers. Read the FAQs.
- Students - Check out what the Library offers for use on their computers.
- Faculty & Staff - Check out our software recommendations site, which also explains how to purchase software.
- Learn about software supporting research at BC.
- BC Computer Replacement (BCCR) (for faculty and staff)
- Student Computing @ BC
- Hardware recommendations and purchasing for Faculty and Staff
- On-campus Computer Hardware Repair
There are risks associated with using beta software because it is not the officially released version. With beta software, expect to find bugs ranging from minor features that don't work to issues that crash your computer. Before choosing to use beta software, decide whether the benefit of new features outweighs the risk of program instability.
What does BC Recommend?
BC ITS does not support beta software and does not recommend using beta software as your primary operating system or for software that is critical for you.