Software and Hardware
- Operating Systems & Microsoft Office at BC
- Software Help for: Windows | Mac
- Course Registration Software
- Download BC Software
- BC Apps - securely access certain licensed software applications that were once only available on BC lab computers. Learn about BC Apps.
- Students - Check out the software that can be found on Library computers.
- Faculty & Staff - University Tech Acquisition Process for software & hardware: bc.edu/gettech (BC sign-in required)
- Learn about software supporting research at BC.
University Tech Acquisition Process for Fac/Staff
Before you sign up for any online cloud service (free or paid), or before you purchase any new software or hardware, for your department, you must complete the University Tech Acquisition process. Learn more at bc.edu/gettech (BC sign-in required)
There are risks associated with using beta software because it is not the officially released version. With beta software, expect to find bugs ranging from minor features that don't work to issues that crash your computer. Before choosing to use beta software, decide whether the benefit of new features outweighs the risk of program instability.
What does BC Recommend?
BC ITS does not support beta software and does not recommend using beta software as your primary operating system or for software that is critical for you.