Making Local Calls:
- Campus calls to BC faculty/staff (552 exchange): Dial 2 + 4-digit number
- Toll free: Dial 9 + 1 + 8xx + 7-digit number
- Toll free directory assistance: Dial 9 + 1 + 800 + 555-1212
- Metro Boston & local off campus: Dial 9 + area code + 7-digit number
Use of the Boston College telephone system, both for local and long distance calling, is restricted to Boston College business only. All personal calls must be made on your personal mobile phone.
Making Long Distance Calls from an Administrative Office (552) Phone
- Domestic US: Dial 9 + 1 + area code + 7-digit number
- International: Dial 9 + 011 + country code + city code + number + # (pound sign)
Personal Long Distance Calls
You have two options for making personal long distance calls on-campus:
- Call from your own mobile phone.
- Use the long distance calling card of your choice (dial 9 and follow the instructions on your calling card).