Frequently Asked Questions
bc g suite
G Suite at BC
- What is G Suite for Edu?
- How was G Suite for Edu chosen?
- How is G Suite for Edu different from my personal Google?
- Is my BC Google account separate from my personal Google account?
- Can I use Google Drive?
- Is my email and information at G Suite kept private and secure?
- Will I see ads when I am using my BC G Suite?
- Will Google search our email for marketing purposes?
- What languages are supported by G Suite?
- Which web browsers can I use with G Suite?
- How much storage do I have on G Suite for Education?
- What is the maximum size for email attachments?
How do I?
- How do I reset my Secondary Password?
- How do I forward my BC Gmail to another account?
- How do I configure Outlook for email?
- How do I configure Apple Mail for email?
- How do I configure my mobile device to access email and my calendar?
- How do I configure the BC Directory to work with my email app?
- How do I access my "interactive" group email account?
- How do I manage other people's email or calendars?
- How do I schedule “resources” through the calendar?
g suite at bc
What is G Suite for Edu?
A set of web-based communication and collaboration tools that includes Email, Calendar, Drive (create, share, collaborate, and store files), Sites (easily create personal websites), and Chat (text or video chat with other G Suite users).
How was G Suite for Edu chosen?
The decision to move to G Suite for Edu was made following the successful move of students to Google in June 2013, and in collaboration with the Academic Technology Advisory Board (ATAB), The Office of the Provost, Directors, Department Contacts, and Vice Presidents.
Can I use Google Drive?
Yes, but be sure to read the best practices related to data security and Google Drive on BC's Google Help site.
Is my email and information at G Suite kept private and secure?
Yes, the email data is owned by BC - not Google. Google is simply a service provider. These and other concerns have been addressed by BC’s contract developed and executed by BC legal counsel and Google.
- Learn about G Suite, security, and privacy.
- Storing confidential data? Be sure to read the best practices related to data security and Google Drive.
You have an unlimited amount of space to store files in Gmail, Google Drive, and Google + photos.