Skip to main content

Secondary navigation:

The Office of Graduate Student Life

Treasurer Resources

Maloney Hall


Being a treasurer for a graduate student organization can be a lot of work--paperwork, to be specific! I’ve organized the content in this page to be as helpful to you as possible. If you have any questions or feedback about the site, reach out to me, Tyler Johnson, GSA Director of Finance, at

If you’d like to meet with me in person, feel free to shoot me an email to schedule an appointment.

Some helpful things to know:

  • All treasurers must undergo treasurer training with the Director of Finance at the Murray House before recieving a P-card. 

  • You need to reconcile your p-card every month for which there is a transaction. Failure to do will result in a freezing of your account.

  • If you need to spend money with your p-card, make sure that enough funds are loaded onto the card. If you need more, apply for a p-card increase.

  • Do you need to schedule an appointment? Inbox Tyler at

See below for some commonly asked questions...with some answers!


The simplest way to is to maintain a spreadsheet, either in Google Drive or in Microsoft Excel. Download ours if you’d like.

You’re looking for the student reimbursement form. Just keep in mind that you should not use this form if the student actually rendered any specific services (i.e., if the student was employed by your organization in some capacity).

The Outside Vendor Payment Form will help with that. Bear in mind, though, that every vendor will require a BC-generated vendor ID number. You can find the number--if there is one already on file--by contacting SABSC, either through email at, or through the phone at 617-552-1586. If there isn’t a vendor number on file for your vendor, your vendor will need to fill out a W-9 form to get the process started.

Fill out the Award or Honorarium form. Students cannot receive honoraria, but they can receive awards.

You’ll need to fill out a transfer form. To complete the form, you’ll need to know both your organization’s chartstring, as well as the other organization’s chartstring.

Normally 7-10 business days.

You will see an electronic copy of a completed request in your club’s MyFiles folder within 7-10 business days. You will be notified by e-mail if the request cannot be processed. You can also email

Your new treasurer will need to undergo training. Contact the GSA Director of Finance at

All events involving the consumption of alcohol must comply with the BC alcohol policy and must be approved by the Office of Graduate Student Life after submitting an alcohol request form. All on-campus events involving alcohol must be handled through BC event services. Exceptions to the BC alcohol policy notwithstanding, no student can be reimbursed for alcohol. Alcohol policies can be found in the Graduate Student Organization Handbook

Contact them at You can also stop by in person in 458 Maloney Hall during normal business hours.

For all other treasurer-related inquiries, consult SABSC’s online documentation.

The Office of Graduate Student Life
The John Courtney Murray, S.J. House
292 Hammond Street, Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
PH: 617-552-1855    E: