Cultural Competence Engagement Modules (CCEM)
office for institutional diversity
Grounded in the cultural competence framework, the Cultural Competence Engagement Modules (CCEM), will enable participants to acquire the knowledge, language, behavioral and cultural skills needed to navigate within a diverse and inclusive community. Those skills include, but are not limited to: cross cultural communication, managing difficult conversations, and addressing the needs of the various members of our community.
CCEM incorporates the Intercultural Development Inventory (IDI) tool that assesses how one experiences difference and commonalities. The use of the IDI and the Intercultural Development Plan (IDP) as part of the CCEM curriculum provides participants with the support and challenge needed to increase their level of cultural competence.
CCEM is offered in two formats:
The first is open enrollment, which is comprised of six 3-hour sessions.
Fall 2019 Session Dates:
- Session I - September 24, 2019
- Session II - October 8, 2019
- Session III - October 22, 2019
- Session IV - November 5, 2019
- Session V - November 26, 2019
- Session VI - December 10, 2019
Participation in the CCEM Program requires:
- Attending all six (6) sessions
- Completion of assigned readings, tasks, etc.
- Engagement in ongoing reflection, via journaling, etc.
- Actively working on your Individual Development Plan (IDP).
- Committed to and responsible for your learning and development
The second format that CCEM is offered is by department/unit. Departments interested in participating in CCEM, must complete the CCEM~Department Interest Form, by clicking on the link. Upon review of the completed form a member of the OID staff will contact you.
Note: We will have information as the year goes on about our next offerings of the program and the enrollment process.
For more information about the Cultural Competence Engagement Modules please contact Damita Davis (firstname.lastname@example.org), Edilma Hosein (email@example.com), or visit our website at /offices/diversity.html.