Lecture Capture and Personal Capture allow instructors to create recordings of classroom lectures or presentations, including audio, video and screen content, and share them with students online and in Canvas.
Use Lecture Capture to automatically record lectures and presentations in specially-equipped rooms, with little set-up work required from the instructor. For Fall 2020, all lecture capture-equipped classrooms will be set up to automatically record all scheduled class sessions. Instructors will have the option to request those recordings be turned off. More information about the opt out process is coming soon.
- Helps students review content from your lectures anytime outside of class
- Increases student participation - since students know they can review the material after class, they will be less focused on taking notes and more engaged in the course
- Archives irreplaceable lectures like guest speakers and presenters to be used for subsequent courses
Use Personal Capture to record lectures directly from your computer.
- Allows faculty who may be missing a class period due to outside obligations to provide a lecture to students
- Supports just-in-time snow-day lectures when classes are cancelled
- Provides the ability to implement flipped-classroom approaches that present lectures outside of class to preserve time in-class for active learning and hands-on activities
- Facilitates online course development by easily recording instructor lectures