Obtaining A Purchasing Card
The p-card (Visa Card) is issued to individual employees or others who are granted authority to purchase goods, within specified limits, from the designated University account. The Department personnel with overall budget responsibility for a particular General Ledger account, also known as the P-1, will determine who will need a p-card and designate authority and spending limits for each card issued. The Department P-card Administrator is responsible for creating the application in PeopleSoft Financials. The card will be created by the bank (in approximately two weeks) and sent to the Procurement Services Department.
To receive a Purchasing card please complete the following steps:
- Check with the department manager who will determine if it would be appropiate for you to have a p-card.
- Confirm that an application in PeopleSoft Financials was completed by the Department P-card Administrator.
- Once your p-card arrives, you will receive an email from Procurement Services with a link to the User's Guide, questionaire and cardholder agreement form.
- As part of online training, you are required to read the User's Guide and take the questionaire.
- Print, read, sign, and have your supervisor sign the Cardholder Agreement form e-mailed to you.
- Bring your completed Cardholder Agreement to 129 Lake Street, Room 200 and receive your card.
- Activate your card by calling the 1-800 number listed on the back (instructions for activation are given with the card)
- Register with US Bank's Access-on-line.
- Review the P-card pages including the cardholder labs for instructions or questions on your p-card.
If you have any questions, please contact the Manager of the P-card Program at 617-552-3055 or email email@example.com.