Youth Police Academy
Ever to Excel
**THIS YEAR'S ACADEMY SCHEUDLED FOR AUGUST 3-7th HAS BEEN CANCELLED**
The Boston College Police Department Youth Police Academy is a free, 5-day academy that is intended to share information, provide training, and facilitate hands-on exercises for youth ages 15 to 19 who are interested in a career of law enforcement. The format is similar to what actual police academy cadet’s experience. All instructors are law enforcement officers or public safety officials.
Academy courses includes, but not limited to:
- Physical Fitness
- Use of Force & Defensive Tactics
- Criminal Investigations & Crime Scene Processing
- Patrol Procedures & Techniques
- Criminal Law & Ethics
- Firearm Simulator & Scenario-Based Training
- Gang Violence & Drug Abuse talks
- K9 & Special OPS Demonstrations
- Team-building, ropes course
- CPR and First Aid Certification
- MUCH, MUCH MORE
For the program to be successful both individually and overall, full participation is required. Cadets must attend every day, no exceptions.
Note: The program director may terminate a youth from participating in the Academy at any time for any reason, including, but not limited to: lack of participation, non-compliance with the rules as set forth in the paperwork, disrespect of any kind, etc. As such, each parent and participant should be well acquainted with the requirements and application process.