Arts Career Resources for Students
Career Resource Database
If you enjoyed your experience at Career Night for the Arts, or if you didn't make it to Career Night, you may be interested in accessing the Arts Career Resource Dropbox. The Dropbox contains alumni contact information and career resources, such as resumes and portfolio samples.
Before you contact any alumni, make sure to look over our guidelines:
- Only contact alumni regarding advice or information--never to ask for internships or employment.
- Be formal and polite in your correspondence with alumni. Give them plenty of time to respond.
- Come to the alumni with specific questions ready. Do some research in your area of interest and in the almnus's background to make sure you're prepared for a conversation.
- Don't be afraid to ask alumni for other possible contacts in your area of interest.
- For a guide on networking strategies, check out the BC Career Center's page.
To access the Arts Career Resource Dropbox, send an email to email@example.com using your BC email address. In the Subject line, write "Arts Dropbox Access Request."