Faculty Partner Program
The Faculty Partner Program (FPP) is an opportunity for faculty members from all disciplines to develop a strong, beneficial relationship with both the program and the undergraduate students who participate each year. There are many ways in which faculty can partner with the CRP:
- As a guest speaker in either the Fall or Spring semester seminar
- As a faculty advisor during Spring semester
- As a consultant (complementing the faculty advisor) to discuss with students their research ideas and projects either in the Fall or Spring semester; and/or
- As a consultant with CRP staff in contributing to the development and marketing of the program.
Joining the FPP will not only allow faculty to develop strong, mentor relationships with undergraduate students but also engage them in meaningful, community-based research projects. Participating as a faculty partner can offer the following benefits:
- Increase faculty awareness of issues affecting communities of color
- Inform faculty scholarship and teaching methods
- Further understanding on the challenges and rewards of community-based research
- Improve the quality of faculty-student advising
- Develop a mentoring relationship with an undergraduate student
- Increase the diversity of faculty-student relationships across disciplines.
If you would like to become involved with CRP as a faculty partner, please contact: