BC Safe Mobile App
Emergency information with you all the time and everywhere!
BC Safe is the official mobile safety app for Boston College. You can use the app throughout the day to find essential information and to quickly check bus schedules, weather updates, search for key contacts, get helpful travel information, access emergency guidance and much more. Boston College Public Safety maintains the app. Regardless if you are a student, faculty, staff, alumni, visitor or a friendly neighbor, BC Safe has something for you!
With campus safety at the forefront of our focus, we designed BC Safe to help you meet any issue that may arise. Emergency contacts are front and center. Detailed response guides are available online and off. Easy-to-use reporting tools are right at your fingertips. Friend Walk, a real-time location tracking tool, lets you choose a friend or family member to monitor your walk and alert the authorities if an emergency unfolds.
For most of the day, the average smartphone/tablet user has their mobile device within a three foot radius. During an emergency, it is often intuitive to pick up your mobile device. This customized app places Boston College's emergency information onto a single platform designed to help guide our community through an emergency event.
Other BC Safe key features include:
- Get help, receive emergency notifications, find emergency, support and other key resources & contacts;
- How to Respond emergency guides;
- Friend Walk to share your location in real time with family or friends;
- Maps & Transportation to find out where shuttle buses are, where to park, find your way on campus;
- Travel Safety & Weather to assist with keeping you aware and safe during your day and travel.
How to Dowload
The app supports iOS Apple products and Android products.
1. Download the BC Safe app by visiting either the Apple iTunes Store (iOS) or Google Play Store (Android).
2. Search for BC Safe and download (it only takes about 30 seconds). Be sure to allow notifications, which pushes BC alerts to your device.
2. Launch the BC Safe app! Start exploring the app and become familliar with its capabilities and features.
Give us feedback! We would like to know about your experience with the app. Contact us with any comments or questions by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 617-552-4316.