Campus Update Wednesday April 8, 2020
- University President William P. Leahy, S.J., has provided an update on the 2020 Commencement in a letter to students who were scheduled to graduate on May 18.
- Approximately 306 students remain on the BC campus.
- Currently, there are two students in isolation at Boston College, and one student in quarantine in a designated area of the Thomas More Apartments on Lower Campus.
- Students are reminded that Governor Baker’s Travel Advisory remains in effect. All travelers arriving or returning to Massachusetts are instructed to self-quarantine for 14 days. Accordingly, out of state travel is discouraged for any student living on campus.
- All on-campus community members are required to continue practicing physical distancing of at least 6 feet.
- Update from BC Dining Services: On the April holiday dates, Good Friday (April 10), Easter Sunday (April 12), and Patriot's Day (April 20), BCDS will be open in McElroy from noon to 7 p.m. for lunch and dinner only. Breakfast items will be available throughout the day or evening before each of these holidays. Additional information will be posted on the BCDS website.
- Boston Mayor Marty Walsh has recommended a curfew for the City of Boston from 9 pm to 6 am to help curtail the spread of COVID-19. Off-campus residents living in Boston are asked to comply.
- A reminder: There will be no change in the academic calendar for this semester. Online classes will not be held on Holy Thursday (April 9), Good Friday (April 10), or Easter Monday (April 13--other than those classes beginning after 4 pm), or on Patriot’s Day (April 20).
- A schedule of live streamed Holy Week Masses is available at www.bc.edu