Post-Graduate Certificate in Advanced Clinical Practice for Adults
For the experienced clinician, the Certificate in Advanced Clinical Practice for Adults provides a deep exploration of the cutting-edge theoretical perspectives of attachment, trauma informed care, and neuroscience, as they relate to the assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of adults. In addition, participants select three electives in evidence-based treatment modalities for adults, and two electives in treatment focuses for adults, to gain advanced knowledge and deepen their practice in their particular area of expertise
Each course is 6 hours in length, offered in one full-day session, and offers 6 CEUs for students who complete the entire course. Qualified students may complete the courses in any order they choose, and may take any course(s) without committing to completing the certificate.
To receive the certificate, students must complete the 3 required courses and 5 electives within 3 years.
Theoretical Perspectives (3 required)
1. Attachment (Course CORE-1)
2. Trauma Informed Care (Course CORE-2)
3. Neuroscience (Course CORE-3)
Adult Treatment Modalities (choose 3)
1. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Adults (Course ADULT-TM1)
2. Dialectical Behavioral Therapy for Adults (Course ADULT-TM2)
3. Motivational Interviewing for Adults (Course ADULT-TM3)
4. Narrative Therapy for Adults (Course ADULT-TM4)
5. Psychodynamic Therapy for Adults (Course ADULT-TM5)
6. Solution Focused Therapy for Adults (Course ADULT-TM6)
Adult Treatment Focuses (choose 2)
1. Sexuality and Gender for Adults (Course ADULT-TF1)
2. Substance Use Disorder for Adults (Course ADULT-TF2)
3. Suicide Prevention for Adults (Course ADULT-TF3)
4. Trauma and Interpersonal Violence for Adults (Course ADULT-TF4)
5. Issues Facing Older Adults (Course ADULT-TF5)
To receive a certificate, students must complete the three core courses and five electives (three Treatment Modality courses and two Treatment Focus courses), for a total of eight courses. Each certificate program offers 14 course options. The core courses are the same for both certificate programs. A student who completes the core courses for one certificate program need not retake them to complete the other certificate program.
Each core course will be offered at least once per year. In addition, several Treatment Modalities and Treatment Focuses electives for each certificate program will be offered each semester. Students may take up to 3 years to complete the certificate.
Full-day courses will run from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. with an hour lunch break from 12:00 to 1:00 p.m.
These courses are approved for CEUs in MA, CT, RI, and VT. They meet the requirements for Continuing Education Hours established by the State Board of Social Worker Licensure in ME. If your state is not listed, please check with your local NASW office to ensure the course meets state requirements prior to attending.
Registration & Payment Policy
Online registration is required to participate in a course. Tuition for each certificate course is $125 to be paid by debit or credit card. Registrations will be processed upon receipt of payment. Payment is due in full in order to enroll. All sales are final; no refunds. Course registration will close Tuesday at midnight before each Friday course.