Founded in 1995, CIHE promotes the belief that an international perspective is needed to foster enlightened policies and practices in higher education. All of the work that we do, in the domains of research, publication, education and advisory services, is guided by the following principles:
- We are committed to rigorous and ethical research and thoughtful, informed analysis
- We are committed to conducting all of our activities in collaboration with others around the globe and to elevating local perspectives on all of the issues we analyze.
- We are committed to open access publication, translation into other languages and clear and accessible prose.
- We are committed to issues of social justice and, as such, we seek to acknowledge and – when possible – explicitly address global higher education inequalities through our work. We are, therefore, committed to maintaining a strong focus on less-resourced and less-powerful global contexts and to promoting critical perspectives through our scholarship.
- Finally, we are committed to supporting the development of the next generation of international higher education scholars.